Becoming a Recognized Humanity+ Chapter
Local chapters of Humanity+ are autonomous, and members of H+ chapters do not have to join Humanity+. However, recognized chapters may collect dues for membership, and may purchase voting (supporting) memberships in Humanity+ for their local members who desire them at half the usual amount. To be recognized as a Humanity+ chapter, groups must appoint a leader or liaison to Humanity+, and submit a Chapter Registration Application to Humanity+ defining the chapter and the geographic area to be served (if any; chapters may also serve occupational or interest groups). Local groups seeking recognition as chapters must have at least three basic members, and one voting (supporting or sustaining) member. Members of Humanity+ are not automatically members of any local chapters of Humanity+ however; local chapters may have additional membership dues and requirements. Liaisons should subscribe to the general discussion list and any local Humanity+ list for their area.
Organizing Your Humanity+ Chapter
- Submit a Chapter Registration Application to Humanity+. If desired, we will help to contact transhumanists in your area.
- Join Humanity+.
- Join some of the Humanity+ discussion lists.
- Read the Student Leadership Guide for lots of good suggestions.
- Build a web page with content in your local language. Please consult the Humanity+ style guide for ideas about its design.
- Establish a regular meeting time and place.
- Bring in a transhumanist speaker for a well-advertised event.
- Start a transhumanist reading and discussion group. Ask us for suggested readings.
- Become an official H+ chapter by adopting a group constitution and charter and establishing a person or set of people from your group to liaison with Humanity+.
- Encourage your members to join Humanity+.
- Reach out to other futurist, high-technology, life extension and humanist organizations in your area to build alliances around issues you share in common.