Founded in 2010, Humanity+ Press is a nonprofit publisher operated by Humanity+, focused on works that promote understanding, interest and participation in fields of emerging innovation with strong potential to lead to a radically better future.
We are committed to releasing works under author-friendly licenses (currently Creative Commons licenses); and in a variety of formats and media, which currently encompasses both electronic and paper forms.
We publish both single-author works, and multi-author works such as collections of abstracts or papers presented at Humanity+ and other conferences.
Our focus is on nonfiction works aimed at a general audience; but we may also release a small selection of thematically appropriate technical, fiction or artistic works as well.
Our publications are available for purchase online via online retailers, and in many cases for free download as PDFs from this site as well:
- Humanity's Future by Jay Friedenberg
- The End of The Beginning, edited by Ben Goertzel and Ted Goertzel (see here for a free PDF version)
- Ten Years to the Singularity if we Really Really Try, and Other Essays on AGI and Its Implications, by Ben Goertzel (see here for a free PDF version)
- A Taxonomy and Metaphysics of Mind Uploading by Keith Wiley (co-published with Alautun Press)
- Between Ape and Artilect, edited by Ben Goertzel (see here for a free PDF version)
- Best of H+ Magazine, 2008-2010 Edited by RU Sirius, Ben Goertzel and David Orban (see here for a free PDF version)
- A Cosmist Manifesto, by Ben Goertzel (see here for a free PDF version)
If you are an author interested in distributing your work through Humanity+ Press, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief book proposal and author bio (and if available a link to a draft of the work).