Requirements for an active Humanity+ Chapter
Once you have decided to create a Chapter, contact Humanity+ with your name, location, and Chapter mission. Read the following to make sure that you have all the necessary information for your success!
How to Start!
- Have a publicly visible website URL, Facebook page, or other social media page that links to Humanity+.
- Use the registered trademarks of Humanity+ for your Chapters! Once your Chapter has been approved, we will send you these png images.
- The Humanity+ registered logo will be used by Chapters but they can have their own Chapter sign and image
- Have at least one liaison person, with a current email address known to Humanity+, who is a Full Member of Humanity+ in good standing
- Hold at least two activities over each twelve month period
- Confirm support for the mission, principles, and goals of Humanity+
- Submit at least once each calendar year a report to Humanity+, for public display on the Humanity+ website, of the activities and plans of the Chapter.
When Chapters report on their status, either annually or more frequently, they should include the following details:
- Activities that took place in the period of time covered by the report.
- Activities that are planned to take place in the next reporting period.
- (Optional) Reflections on opportunities arising – activities that other Chapters, or Humanity+ as a whole, may wish to consider adopting.
- (Optional) Reflections on issues arising – factors restricting the progress of the Chapter.
- (Optional) Requests from the Chapter to the Humanity+ organization.
Note: the Humanity+ Chapter directory shows chapters as being in one of three states:
- Active – meets the above criteria.
- Dormant – was previously Active, but no longer meets all the required criteria. These chapters can remain on the Dormant list for up to two years, at which time they will be removed.
- Organizing – has submitted an application to become an Active Chapter, and has been accepted by Humanity+. Will be transitioned to an Active Chapter once all the required conditions are met. These chapters can remain on the Organizing list for up to twelve months, at which time they will be removed.