H+ Video Prize
Honoring excellence in digital creativity and foresight
Short Video Competition: 30-second to 1-minute videos.
This video competition is a short 30-second to 1-minute challenge to bring your vision of a radically better future, free from infectious disease and other forms of destruction and filled with life, positivity and creativity. Winners will be featured at the online H+ Summit: A Future Free of Disease and Destruction.
The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic is a war on human biology. It is a wake-up call for every person on planet Earth. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, or socioeconomic status. It can affect everybody, but it kills first the oldest, the weakest and the poorest. This world-wide killer infection has heightened the bandwidth of newsfeeds and online events as people are trying to understand and strategize a solution. There is no question that human civilization is now alert to its own vulnerability. Rather than continuing with such vulnerability, action needs to be taken at the biological core. The human genome must be strengthened and protected.
Humanity is going to beat COVID-19, but this will not the be the last major global crisis our species will face. We must take the current pandemic as an inspiration to create new technology, science and culture that will enable us to get through the next global crisis with more grace and less destruction.
“POST-PANDEMIC: A Future Free of Disease and Destruction” is a video challenge that takes us into the world of tomorrow. We encourage creativity, originality and imagination and welcome well-grounded and clearly formulated views. We also encourage personal narratives exploring individual motivations for enthusiasm and micro-documentaries on this theme that include transhumanist values and goals.
CONGRATULATIONS TO —
- 1st Place: “Awakening” by Pablo Perea
- 2nd Place: “Better Future” by Boleslav Kerouš; “Beyond” by Denisa Rensen
- 3rd Place: “Transhuman Resilience” by Adam Ford; “We Become” by Phillip Galinsky; “Immortality and Humanity” by Ashutosh Patil; “Seeds” by Michael Ricciardi
“POST-PANDEMIC: A Future Free of Disease and Destruction” focuses on three (3) themes:
(1) Beyond Mortality: Preventing Negative Conditions Impacting Life; (2) Beyond Scarcity: Economy of Abundance (Practical-Radical Optimism); (3) Beyond Cruelty: Stop Discrimination / Create Compassion (Evolved Consciousness)
Suggested fields that address these three (3) themes can include the science, technology, and philosophy of:
- Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering
- Nanotechnology / Nanomedicine / Molecular Manufacturing
- Human Enhancement / Prosthetics
- Personal Identity / Self-Exploration / Healthy Longevity
- Governance / Laws & Policies / Ethics / Existential risks
- Submissions must include Name, Website (or Social Media profile), Title and Affiliation.
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 1 minute, including title and credits.
- Videos must be in a Youtube compatible format.
- Several types/qualities of videos. We suggest MP4 is the best format. However, only those in file format H.264 (higher definition/resolution) standard will meet the threshold of most major media outlets.
- Any videos not in High Definition or High Resolution can still enter the contest and be eligible for prizes/recognition.
- Video submission must match the video Title on the entry: Last name_Title_.mp4: Example: smith_AI-for-longevity.mp4 or williams_fueling-the-future.mp4.-
- Videos must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. One may use WeTransfer or a similar service to send large files.
- Original material is required. If footage, images, text, or audio is copied from another source, citations must be included and copyrights must be honored.
- Anything considered inappropriate by the judges in content or scope will be disqualified.
- Humanity+ will offer:
- one first prize of $1,000;
- two second place prizes at $500.00;
- three $250.00 awards;
- including a Viewer’s Choice award.
- All participants will receive a one-year membership to Humanity+.